CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Childhood Memories



Caleb,

I can not believe that it has already been three weeks that you've been gone now. We do not miss you any less, and the pain and loss is still just as real. I still can't believe you're gone, I just can't comprehend it. I know you're walking on the streets of gold right now as I type, but that seems even more difficult to comprehend. I wish you could tell us what its like, but I guess there aren't any words that would truly describe it.

We had so many good times growing up together. You and Luke were like my other brothers. I don't know if you remember, but when we were little everyone at church would tease us and tell us, "oh you two are going to get married some day." Honestly, I'm not sure why they said that, and I'm pretty sure my face always turned bright red, but I think I was hoping they were right. You were a great guy. I'll never forget seeing you interact with Taylor. You loved and cared for her so much and seeing you smile at her gave me just a glimpse at how big of a heart you had.

For some reason I keep thinking of this one New Year's eve you and your family and some other people from church were over at our house for a party. You were coming downstairs with a big plate of shrimp and dip and you accidently slipped and the shrimp went everywhere! I remember you were upset, but for the rest of us it was quite amusing to say the least. Thanks for always making us laugh :)

I miss you and your Mom so much, but I'm so glad that you were able to greet her, what a sight that must have been! I can not wait to see you again, we'll have great stories to share!

Love, Jenn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for that yorgey. I remeber why we always said you two were going to get married. It is because when you were little like (2-4 years old) you would always be kissing eachother. lol
Josh

Jenn said...

no way! I totally do not remember that! I'm pretty sure that was Luke and Brittany.

Anonymous said...

It was Luke and Britt, and it also was You and Caleb. Haha. Ask anyone who ever attended a church function when you were that age.
Josh

Jenn said...

oh fine, I guess I can't fight it lol. That is pretty funny tho.